Full-Time • Hearst Region
Role: Truck Drivers are responsible to deliver bulk fuel and oil to our customers in a safe, and timely manner using a 5-ton truck or a fuel truck. They ensure the accuracy of the products to be delivered by reviewing orders/ invoices before and after the delivery to the customers. They are required to follow traffic regulations, drive defensively, and inspect company vehicles to guarantee their safety while on the road.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation.
- Group benefits health & dental: company paid.
- RRSP Program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a 5-ton truck or a fuel truck in compliance with Transport Canada’s Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations and wear all designated personal protective equipment.
- Safely loads and delivers hazardous products to customers in a timely manner.
- Conduct vehicle pre- trip and post- trip maintenance checks.
- Identify and report to Operations leaders any truck defects.
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Comply with federal and provincial transport logbook reporting standards;
- Maintain the cleanliness of the truck and storage box such as, but not limited to cleaning of oil spills and emptying trash.
- Follow the standard before, during and after fueling procedures and health and safety protocol of the client and the company.
Location: Must live in Hearst, ON or other nearby areas.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications: Valid DZ driver’s license required and clean drivers abstract. AZ License will be considered as an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of truck driving experience.
Additional skills: Able to use a smartphone to conduct basic administrative tasks. Working proficiency in basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication). Understanding of e-log book recording. Able to work independently. Able to lift and carry up to 20 to 50 lbs. Safety- first attitude
Founded in 1986, Pepco is a bilingual second-generation family-owned and operated business. We distribute fuels, lubricants, industrial supplies, and Bearing/Power Transmission (BPT) components to residential and commercial/ industrial customers in Northern Ontario and the Greater Montreal Area.
Vision: Our customers love us as we truly solve their problems by delivering the right product, at the right place, at the right time, every time. Our customers are supported by Team Members are the best in class and recognized accordingly.
Mission: Pepco makes it easy to have the right products at the right place and at the right time by utilizing the best in-class processes and systems to automate replenishment so our customers can operate despite the labor shortage.