Full-Time • Hearst Region
Stores Clerk, Sawmill (Permanent)
GROUP / UNIT / DEPARTMENT Forest Products Group
LOCATION Hearst, ON
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
This Stores Clerk will be responsible for the stockrooms and the
reception, distribution and storage of all parts and supplies. Ensure
accurate records are kept and that inventories are consistently
tracked to assist in cost reduction and mill efficiencies.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
· Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
· Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing
to our positive work environment.
· Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as
well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities
- Reports to Maintenance Planner Operations
- Schedule and coordinate the shipping, delivery and returns of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Liaison with vendors to resolve issues relating to shipping and deliveries.
- Receives all equipment, materials and supplies.
- Inspects all equipment, materials and supplies that is received for damages.
- Reconciles count against purchase orders and requisitions to ensure accuracy of shipments.
- Coordinates the distribution of supplies to the site.
- Completes all data entries in the automates systems, prints and affixes labels.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Takes stock of all equipment, materials and supplies periodically and/or annually.
- Tracks fuel delivery systems and performs regular inspections, such as dip tests.
- Maintains organized wok and storage areas.
- May be required to operate equipment such as forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Experience: 5 years in a related field is preferred.
- Bilingual: An asset