Saw Filer / Limeur(euse) qualifié(e)
Full-Time • Hearst Region
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM Lumber
- Replace saws as required & advise supervisor of condition of sawline equipment.
- Maintain inventory of saws for the sawmill equipment.
- Maintain sharpening equipment in good running order.
- Additional duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College Diploma (trades) or direct experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Saw Filing experience and some millwright apprentice qualifications
- Experience: Sawmill experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and English)
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
- Filer leader: $33.45
- Filer A: $32.35
- Filer 2: $30.71
- Filer Apprentice: $28.74
- Shift work: Monday to Friday, 8 hrs/day
- Be willing to work overtime (on occasion)
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to Rayonier’s values, principles and guidelines – where safety comes first.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment and promoting teamwork.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do People
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, and support Health & Safety program.
- Maintain communications program to keep employees informed.
- Support compliance with collective agreements and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Hearst sawmill, with 135 employees, produces softwood lumber as well as wood chips.
- Hearst, is a largely francophone community with a population of 5,500, appeals to outdoor enthusiasts, and is known for boating and fishing among other activities.
RAYONIER ADVANCED MATERIALS In Brief
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Only selected applicants will be notified.