RN with Diabetic Experience
Part-Time • Timmins Region
Employment Status: Temporary, Part Time (0.4 FTE)
Program Name: Diabetes Center
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 45
Work Schedule: Days no weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: ONA
On Call: No
Registered Nurses will provide professional nursing consultation services on a wide variety of nursing issues related to the care of clients with diabetes. You will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers at our center by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide and manage high quality and appropriate nursing care to all individuals and/or families.
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with CRNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Experience providing nursing care to children, adults and seniors
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- certified Diabetic Educator is a asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.