Resource Management Technician - Bilingual (English/French) - Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Full-Time • Hearst Region
Organization : Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Division : Regional Operations Division
City : Hearst, Kapuskasing
Language of position(s) : Bilingual English/French
Job Term : 2 Permanent
Salary : $25.80$ -$28.71 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
• a defined benefit pension plan
• maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which includes adoptive parents
• comprehensive health plan
• life and disability insurance
• flexible work arrangements
• collegial and professional work culture
• career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
• on-the-job training to support your success in the role
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
• carry out site inspections, field surveys compliance inspections and other operational activities
• provide technical guidance to staff and the public
• assist with administration and record keeping for projects and programs
• gather and compile technical information to make recommendations
• promote awareness of resource management and protection
• support partnerships and initiatives with various stakeholders
How do I qualify?
Mandatory:• You must have a valid class 'G' driver's licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that they have a valid driver's licence upon being hired.
• You are proficient in English, and willing to be evaluated for oral French language skills at the advanced level. Proficiency level will be verified by an Ontario Public Service approved evaluator, prior to hiring.
Technical expertise:• You have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of ecological sustainability principles, and resource management practices.
• You have proven ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to natural resources management programs (e.g. forestry, aggregates, fish and wildlife, and lands and waters programs).
• You have demonstrated experience in conducting operational field programs and site inspections.
• You have knowledge of the standards and operating practices of field equipment for the purpose of information gathering and conducting field operations.
• You are proficient with computers using various software applications, including word processing, record-keeping, database management, presentation, internet, email and geographic information systems (GIS).
Interpersonal and communications skills:• You have demonstrated interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with a wide variety of clients with diverse requests and varying concerns related to natural resources management (e.g. forestry, fish and wildlife, lands, waters and aggregates programs).
• You have well developed communication skills to respond to industry and public inquiries.
• You have demonstrated communications skills to make presentations, and share information with professional staff and clients.
• You understand the importance of partnership development and can represent the ministry and present information and ideas tactfully and effectively.
Analytical and problem solving skills:• You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills to determine user compliance and impact on resources.
• You can recommend proper course of action in cases of non-compliance and determine appropriate resolution to various issues in resource operations and in field conditions.
Planning and group leadership skills:• You have planning and coordinating skills to organize, schedule and coordinate human and equipment resources (e.g. boats/motors, pumps, vehicle transportation) for resources management and field projects.
• You have demonstrated group leadership skills to assign work and provide guidance, and monitor progress of students and other staff.
- 1 Bilingual English/French Permanent, 613 Front St, Hearst, North Region
- 1 Bilingual English/French Permanent, 122 Government Rd W, Kapuskasing, North Region
- This ad is also available in French.
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment services team will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
All Ontario Public Service external job advertisements are posted in English and French. To confirm the language requirements of a job, check the "language of position" information at the top of each job ad. For all positions, candidates will be assessed in English, the business language of the Ontario Public Service. For English/French designated bilingual positions, candidates will also be assessed through French-language proficiency testing.
Toutes les offres d'emploi externes de la fonction publique de l'Ontario sont affichées en anglais et en français. Pour connaître les exigences linguistiques, vérifiez les renseignements sur la « langue du poste » figurant dans le haut de chaque offre d'emploi. Pour tous les postes, l'évaluation des candidates et candidats se fera en anglais, la langue usuelle de la fonction publique de l'Ontario. En ce qui concerne les postes désignés bilingues, la maîtrise du français des candidates et candidats sera également évaluée.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario's Human Rights Code .