OCWA Operator Mechanic (JOB ID: 199762) – 1 Permanent : Hearst, ON – Closing June 5, 2023
OCWA - Hearst
Full-Time • Hearst Region
Join our team as a water/wastewater professional with OCWA. In this role, you will use your skills to operate and maintain the water and wastewater facilities within the Northeastern Region.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- You will be eligible for additional pay for certification, should you be successful in completing and maintaining facility water/wastewater operator’s licenses
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
Class 1 certificate in either Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment or Wastewater Collection
A lesser qualified candidate may be considered as an under-fill minimum Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 128/04 of the Safe Drinking Water Act and O.Reg. 129/04 of the Ontario Water Resources Act (https://owwco.ca/getting-your-certificate-or-licence-for-the-first-time/).
Should a successful applicant be employed as an under-fill Operator, he/she will be required to write and pass the required Class 1 certification exams within 90 days from their start date. If you are not certified, please review this link to find out how to become certified: https://owwco.ca/getting-your-certificate-or-licence-for-the-first-time/
Must be available for overtime and ability to be on-call after regular working hours as part of a rotation and the successful candidate must be able to respond to on-call within a reasonable period of time.
Valid Class G driver’s license
Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes to operate the facilities.
Working experience/knowledge of the skilled trades for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures, including but not limited to the following skills: basic electrical repair, welding, plumbing, millwright
Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts,
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes to operate the facilities.
- Working experience/knowledge of the skilled trades for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures, including but not limited to the following skills: basic electrical repair, welding, plumbing, millwright
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts,
- codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance; health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
- Knowledge of water/sewer construction
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
- Familiarity with computers, including monitoring and operating systems.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems would be an asset.
Skills and Ability include
- Analytical, problem-solving, planning and scheduling skills required to effectively inspect, operate and monitor the facilities processes and equipment.
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance; take samples, interpret results and make process control adjustments to resolve operating issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people including coworkers, clients, suppliers, while keeping accurate logs and writing reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
How to Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail and the job competition quoted in the subject line with the location you are applying for.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the information you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application/resume with covering letter (PDF format preferred) saved as JOB ID – First Last Name to:
Hiring Manager: Claude Rancourt
Job Expires: 2023-06-05