Medical Laboratory Technologist
Full-Time • Hearst Region
Day schedule (8-hour shifts)
Laboratory is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays with on-call rotation for weekends and evenings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing test procedures in Chemistry, Hematology/Blood Bank Microbiology on a rotation;
- Organizing workflow to maintain performance standards of quantity and quality;
- Following established safety and infection control procedures;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS);
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO);
- Must have knowledge of techniques, principles and instruments;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to exercise independent judgement, deductive reasoning with attention to detail;
- Able to work effectively under pressure in emergency situations;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize;
- Bilingualism is preferred;
- Recent experience in a Core Laboratory preferred;
- New grads welcome.
$32.94 – $44.18 per hour