Maintenance Superintendent/ Surintendant(e) Maintenance
Full-Time • Hearst Region
About Rayonier Advanced Materials
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues. More information is available at https://www.rayonieram.com.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
Afin de faciliter la lecture du présent texte, nous avons employé le masculin comme genre neutre pour désigner aussi bien les femmes que les hommes
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
- Manage and lead the mechanical department in providing site and maintenance services in the most cost-effective manner to support production.
- Maintain the alignment of the mechanical department with the principles and objectives defined in the Results Management Framework, working within the concept of optimizing the overall profitability of the site
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities
- Reports to: General Manager
- Ensure maintenance services are effectively planned, coordinated and delivered on time, while meeting cost and quality standards.
- Maintain and improve an effective preventative maintenance program for the operations to ensure maximum equipment efficiency and reliability.
- Support all activities related to the annual Maintenance shutdown.
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance standards and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and performance of mill equipment.
- Ensure weekly maintenance shutdown activities are effectively planned and coordinated within the operating departments.
- Ensure maintenance and repair budgets are prepared, met, and variances explained, with appropriate action taken as needed. Support development and execution of maintenance budgets in operating areas.
- Maintain an effective cost reduction program.
- In conjunction with other operating departments, determine the manning composition required for the site and the necessary training required to meet manning objectives.
- Recommend changes/improvements to the maintenance management system and standards.
- Ensure an effective maintenance system that meets EMS (ISO 14001) standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience in Maintenance. Strong analytical skills are required.
- A college diploma or university degree would be an asset. Must hold a Red Seal Journeyman certificate.
- English, spoken and written, French would be considered an asset.