Posted 1 month ago
Bilingual Maintenance Superintendent
Full-Time • Hearst Region
- Job Description
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged team of 2 direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed regarding mill and department priorities.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Report to the General Manager.
- Additional Job Description
- Manage day shift maintenance employees and operations (includes fabricating or modifying machines, tools or equipment) to support sawmill manufacturing and production schedules.
- Establish maintenance schedules and coordinate maintenance operations in cooperation with other departments to ensure product quality and reliability meet specifications.
- Manage operations to maintain or reduce the annual budget and generate an optimal profit margin on converted products, in keeping with the business unit’s focus on overall profitability.
- Develop and implement plans to best use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets and financial objectives.
- Ensure maximum performance and efficiency of the unit’s electrical, filing and mechanical maintenance work.
- Develop and maintain a predictive and preventive maintenance program.