Full-Time • Hearst Region
Position Title: Credit Manager
Posting #: DK17-02
Status: Full time
Location: Hearst, ON, Dartmouth, NS or Montreal, QC
Pepco is a second-generation family owned distributor of fuels, lubricants, industrial supplies, bearings/power transmissions, propane and HVAC, operating in five provinces across Canada. Pepco exists to ensure the continued comfort of your home, the sustainability of our communities, and the seamless operation of our clients’ business and transportation. Joining Pepco would mean being part of a team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that values collaboration, teamwork, honesty, communication, and involvement in the communities we serve. If you describe yourself as dedicated and dynamic, with a winning team attitude, we encourage you to keep reading!
We’re hiring a Credit Manager to join our Finance team. As a key member of this team, you be responsible for managing Pepco’s credit portfolio of approximately 25,000 accounts across the entire network consisting of small consumer accounts to large commercial clients. Under the general supervision of the VP Finance you will be championed to mobilize and monitor the credit team to determine customer credit worthiness, establish and enforce credit terms/limits, and accurately apply payments.
If you’re interested in a sustainable lifestyle that makes a difference in the lives of your valued family, friends and community, apply with Pepco.
· Work environment and Company culture: Fast paced yet friendly and relaxed;
· Community engagement: Make a difference in your community through Pepco driven volunteer initiatives;
· Savings: Company prices on fuel and industrial supplies;
· Competitive Health & Benefits Plan;
· Supervise credit application process to ensure timely credit decisions in compliance with established credit policies;
· Ensure appropriate credit terms are assigned during customer set-up and enforced on an on-going basis;
· Collect large past-due accounts by directly communicating with customers and negotiating payment arrangements;
· Establish and monitor the credit KPI’s. Compile and communicate KPI summary during weekly AR call;
· Monitor and control the annual budget of bad debts and collection costs;
· Ensure all reasonable precautions have been undertaken, under the circumstances, to prevent injuries or accidents in the workplace;
· Delegate team’s workload among all team members and maintain the accountability structure;
· Supervise the performance management of team members; coaching, counseling, following the progressive discipline approach, performance appraisals;
Coach credit team members on credit best
practices in one-one-one and group training sessions on a weekly basis.
Our ideal candidate
· Candidate can be located in one of the following locations: Hearst, ON, Dartmouth, NS or Montreal QC;
· Bilingual (French and English) mandatory;
· Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance or Accounting);
· Certified Credit Professional (CCP);
· Minimum of 5 years of credit analysis and collections experience;
· Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
· User and administrative experience with an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) platform;
· Proficiency using Microsoft office applications;
· Experience with the following: accounts receivable collection strategies, credit report interpretation, financial statement analysis, customer credit management policies, accounts receivable related laws, regulations, policies, and principles;
· Finance and accounting principles;
· Budget preparation principles.
Looking to add some Pep to your career? Apply by following this link: http://bit.ly/2yKMyXl
Discover all of our opportunities to work for one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies: http://www.pepco.ca/careers
We believe in providing fair and equal opportunities to all current and prospective team members. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity amongst our teams. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.